I’ve worked at the local library for a year now. Here’s what’s been done on the website so far.
Some changes since May 2012 include:
- Embedded Facebook “like” widget
- Improved webpages for LibraryFarm, NOPL Knitters, and more.
- Created a “Sign up for events” widget on the right nav, which uses a schedule plug-in to keep users up-to-date on upcoming events with links to sign up.
- Shrunk the header to take up 50% of the vertical space it had previously used, allowing more content to move “above the fold.”
- Made the “six colorful boxes” into css/html code (they were originally images), improving SEO.
- Created separate event pages and home page promotions for the “slider” (slideshow with image).
- Improved catalog search function to submit on hitting enter.
- Reduced reliance on Flickr by using image gallery plugins available for Word Press CMS webpages.